Sunday, July 9, 2017

Week 3: Day trip to Rabat

Hello again. We have just completed our last full week of only Moroccan Arabic and will be moving into Egyptian and Formal Arabic next week, which marks our first full month in Morocco and what a month its been. I have finally found a great place to go for daily runs and it happens to be located across the street from my home-stay!

This week we started and finished a unit focusing on health and family not only in terms of vocabulary, expressions, and grammar used to talk about those topics, but also the topics themselves. We had a great discussion on alternative forms of medicine both in the US and in Morocco, particularly the use of Medical Marijuana, a topic I have seldom touched upon even in the US.

I capped off the week with a day trip to Rabat, the Moroccan capital, which round trip only cost about 14 USD (its about a 2 hr train ride from Meknes). We journeyed all over the city from the site of some old roman ruins to the Mausoleum housing the tomb of a previous king (Hassan II) and of course, to the beach.

I'm going to try something new. Some people dive really deep into different topics and are extremely detailed and thorough in their posts. I can do that but normally choose not to as I find it difficult to decide on what to write about at length in my posts. If a particular questions poses itself to you I invite you to post it in the comments and I will cover it in my next blog post.

Until next time,

Johnny M.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post, Buddy - Great to hear about your Mo'rockin adventures. I'm most interested in hearing about everyday life in Morocco, and what you experience interacting with Moroccans. Of course, I'm always interested in the local food and drink so I'd love to hear about that.
    Take care, love ya lots
    Dad

    ReplyDelete